February 21, 2009

Ray Comfort offers famous atheist $10k to debate him

In a recent WorldNet Daily piece, Christian apologist Ray Comfort challenged famous atheist, Richard Dawkins to a debate stating,

“I will donate $10,000 to him, or give it to any children’s charity he names. All I ask is that he goes into a studio and gives me 20 minutes on why there is no God and why evolution is scientific. Then I will give 20 minutes on how we can know God exists and why evolution is nothing more than an unsubstantiated and unscientific fairy tale for grownups. Then we both will have 10 minutes to respond. Sadly, I have found that even evolution’s most staunch believers are afraid to debate, because they know that their case for atheism and evolution is less than extremely weak. I would be delighted (and honored) if Mr. Dawkins has the courage to debate me, but I'm not holding my breath.”

Dawkins of course is not only famous for his books, but he also made a guest appearance in Ben Stein’s movie, “EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed” and is notorious for rejecting Intelligent Design while also suggesting that aliens may have originated life on earth and that he is 99% sure no god exists.

No comments: